Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 Twisted Color Challenge: Week 2 - Pinky and the Brain

Bridge

I'm doing two pinks in a row, which is unusual for me. Usually I like to space out the colors, do something if haven't done recently, but the demands of challenges are neverending, and the second week of the Twisted Color Challenge is Pinky and the Brain - all pink and gray and creepy. I love the old cartoons, and that one always made me giggle; serious enough to be thought provoking, silly enough to be fun. I tried for a similar vibe with this cute dress from Sublime Shroud Kreations, a pink and gray confection of fluff and ruffles in a cotton candy medieval style. I especially love the ruffles around the neck; I'd love to see a similar style done in mesh. I added in one of the special hairstyles from Alice Project - blonde with rainbow highlights. I love her streak hairstyles, especially the rainbow ones. I added on this sweet jewelry set from Eclectica, gold with pink enamel that I always try to sneak into outfits just because it's so sweet and simple. Rounding out the look is an eyeshadow and lipstick combination from Mock which I really like - I took off my eyelashes for it! I adore the zebra texturing up into the eyebrows in particular.

Columnar

I had planned another place for a photoshoot, but I settled on Lost World after hearing it's about to be removed from the grid - only about ten days left to enjoy it before it closes at the end of the month. Some of the texturing is a bit odd - it might be the effect of shiny, I'm not sure - but it's a lovely, outdoor spot with little hidden areas and gorgeous vistas, so seek it out while it's around to be sought. A lot of sims are going this way - fading out into the ether for whatever reason, usually a lack of cash. I know a number of bloggers consider this fading a deathknell of sorts, a statement on how Second Lie is doing. I'm never sure, and if there's one thing I've learned as I grow older, it's to be careful of my predictions. So often they are wrong; remaining closer to what I'm experiencing instead of what I think will happen is simply more comfortable for me. One thing I do like, though, is the heads up to check new places out. I wish there was a more reliable way of passing the word before there a countdown to closing; I suck at deadlines.

Personal

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Mock, Aos Sl Zebra Masque
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, May Lipcolor - iCandee
Hair: Alice Project, Tessa Blonde/Rainbow
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Sublime Shroud Kreations, Lady Drianna (promotional item)
Jewelry: Eclectica, Herbals Rose Set
Shoes: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes "Kate"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Lost World
Light Settings: Phototools, rara Fall Home Light

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment