Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 Twisted Color Challenge: Week One - Tuxedo

Shall We Dance?

I'm getting a late start to a new color challenge - the Twisted Color Challenge - which offers a twist by requiring you to match not just one but two colors at once. This takes something already challenging and kicks it up a notch - which I adore, personally, though it makes it all the more difficult. The first lob across the net was a fairly easy one, though even so I ended up fulfilling it more in the breach than the recognition. I went for a ballgown partner to the Tuxedo, creamy white with black accents to match my invisible partner at the ball.The gown is a gorgeous mesh concoction from Apple May Design, complete with a plunging neckline curved with delicate lace detailing, and a full lace ruffle along the bottom. The black of the tuxedo is almost entirely in my hair, a new release from the rebranded store Underscore - once Secrets Hair - with new, realistically textured hair. Underscore has also jumped on my favorite bandwagon of the end of 2012: HUD driven recoloring of things. I really adore how it saves my inventory a lot of room! Hookah is an enormous, richly curved hair with full waves and a fun braid across the forehead (which can be tinted separately and removed via the HUD). When I saw there was a black to gray fade on my sample set, I simply had to take advantage of it. I topped it with a pearl crown from Violent Seduction, wanting that final bit of white to complete the tuxedo effect.The final touch was this necklace from a now closed store, Kyccie's. I remain sad she left Second Life never to return, and I think you can tell why when you see the delicate and unique jewelry she made.

A Small Snack

I ended up seeking out a ballroom for photographic purposes, wanting someplace where this dress would seem to fit, and I ended up at the Grand Ballroom, a stylish and beautiful sim with little clusters of furniture ont he sides o the dance floor, and a piano with microphone (the latter sadly too tall for me to pose behind - I did try!). Music was playing endlessly, automatically, with automatic texts going into local chat now and then extorting us to dance, welcoming us to the ballroom, and asking for tips for the invisible hosts. It was rather like coming to a grand ballroom but not being able to see anyone but yourself - some sort of nightmare culled from fairytales from long ago. One of my favorite stories is the one about the twelve dancing princesses, who woke up every morning with their dancing slippers worn into tatters from dancing all night with demonic hosts as part of an obscure and dangerous curse. In this case, it was one dancing Princess and no prince, nor anyone at all except for a couple other wistful princesses who walked through the empty, echoing ballroom and disappeared again into the grid.

Pond

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Eyelashes 1: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Eyelashes 2: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Glasside - Carissma
Hair: Underscore, Hookah - Realistic (promotional item)
Crown: Violent Seduction, Valkyrie Pearl Crown
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Apple May Designs, Lavish II - Pearl
Necklace: Kyccie's, Haides & Persephone
Shoes: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes "Kate"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Grand Ballroom ~ Premier
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT Moony
Water Settings: Valdez

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment