Saturday, January 19, 2013

50 Shades of Sexy Challenge: Week 1 - Cotton Candy

Resting a Moment

There are a few different challenges I'm trying to do this year - and this is the second one, the 50 Shades of Sexy Challenge, an excuse to pull out my lingerie inventory and show it off in public. Well, I should say, my lingerie and silk inventory (which is extensive) because I fully intend to make the most of every scantily clad bit. I'm not normally a skin showing kind of girl, which is at least in part why I'm grabbing onto this challenge with both hands and hanging on. Most of this never sees the light of day, so count yourselves lucky I suppose! I'm not entirely opposed to showing skin and being sexy, but in Second Life it's so pervasive and normal that I feel the need to dress a bit more formally most of the time - wandering around in lingerie, silks, or a dress that might as well be lingerie isn't quite my style, besides being horrifyingly common all over Second Life, even in General and Mature areas.

Swirled

I ended up pulling out a silk set from Angelwing - which is having a massive clearance sale in preparation for opening space for new, mesh releases. A ton of her inventory is only 50$L, and what remains is free to group members. I picked up a bunch of things I wouldn't otherwise, filling up my inventory even more to my eternal shame. I'd recommend going over and making a similar sacrifice - seek out the pretties and enjoy! This set of silks comes with almost everything you see - the outfit and most of the jewelry save for the necklace (a late addition from Bliensen + MaiTai that mimicked the pink and gold cage of the silks) and it took me a while to ind a hair which it, finally settling on this adorable ponytail from Wasabi Pills. The cosmetics are all from Mock and contain the only cotton candy I'm wearing - the eyeshadow - with a lightly tinted pink lip to match. I kept the rest of the look simple, just using SLink's mesh hands and feet to add polish to my limbs after tinting the nails candy pink. I find the final effect to be warm and sweetly tinted - I hope you agree!

Forest Lingering

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Mock, Carnivale Cotton Candy
Eyelashes 1: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Eyelashes 2: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss Blush
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sylvie (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Silks: Angelwing, Precious Pink Silks
Necklace: Bliensen + MaiTai, Sakura
Feet: SLink, Mesh Feet

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Annwn Willows
Light Settings: CB's Rouge 6
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment