Monday, January 28, 2013

Versaille on the Breakaway

No Wai~!

I have a deep love from olde fashioned England, and the Armada Breakaway definitely fits old fashioned in a few difference senses - drawing from older fashioned and fictional sources of Steampunk England, and using older styles of texturing and building which have gone out of style on Second Life. I found it a bit of a challenge to photograph for the latter issue - angling things so that everything looked good, lighting things so that they appear complete, I'm always amazed at the difference a few degrees of angle can have on how the whole world appears. Especially with the flames below - since they're flat instead of three dimensional, simply look at them on end can make them all but disappear! My wings have a similar problem; much as I adore them, I am in the market for similar mesh wings. Had I the skills, I might make them myself!It would make picture taking so much easier if they didn't vanish on certain angles! I really would have liked to have seen what the Armada Breakaway could have looked like updated and in mesh; based on my experience in another sim, not only would the prim counts have dropped, but the intricacy and detailing would have skyrocketed.

Aren't I Cute?

Speaking of mesh, both my dress and the shoes are rigged mesh; the former is a new color from Violent Seduction for sale for only 70$L as part of the Cupcakes opening festivities, while the latter are the cream colored Rocking Horse shoes from Wishbox, released recently. I really think they both suit each other, being whimsical and well made. In the lighter shades,  you can really get a sense of the detail that went into the Versailles Dress, and a eel for the scandalous effect of the low-cut bodice. I paired it with a casual cute pig tail style from Exile, something I bought ages ago and that also comes with mesh flower attachments. The jewelry is from my go-to standard, Eclectica, the Rose set; it's a design of stones set in intricately wrought wire, and while it predates mesh it remains gorgeous.

FIRE!

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Nightshade
Hair: Exile, Silent Wings
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Violent Seduction, Versaille Cream (promotional item)
Jewelry: Eclectica, Nouveau Rose - mocha
Stockings: Adam n Eve, Moody Monday
Shoes: Wishbox, Rocking Horse Shoes

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Armada Breakaway
Light Settings: Phototools, Dream Book Light 02
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment