Friday, April 5, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 14 - Sangria’s Shadow

Hard Stance

It has been a long, long, long time since I made an almost-entirely-freebie outfit, and somehow it's even cooler that it fits for Sangria's Shadow, but the Hollywood Event, with the nearly universal freebies, inspired me to give it a try. It's a bit of a pain to navigate, having several structures instead of a single path, but oh man is it worth it. Almost everything I'm wearing above - except for the shoes and the silver and black jewelry set, and my usual skin and such - are freebies. I ended up wearing things I might not have otherwise, but I think in the end I mimic a jetsetter really well, and classed my butt up over at Bladerunner City for some awesome, modern pictures of the 3030 Faerie on the go. Starting from the top is this awesome tattoo-plus-braids hairstyle from EMO-tions, which actually came with a whole outfit. I liked the hair best, though; I love the braid coils, though halfway through the silver went kind of blond, but it still looks awesome so I can't exactly complain. Both of my jewelry sets - two sets of earrings, two necklaces, and a set of bracelets - are also from EMO-tions, and I ended up really liking the combination, layered effect. The red jewelry comes with bling, but it's a simple open chat command to turn it off, and it appears to stay off once turned of. Yay!

The awesome sunglasses - free, mind you - are from a new-to-me store called ZED, and I really love the texturing on them to bits. They don't match the city, but I simply don't care; they look completely awesome. These are totally not my usual style, but they will now firmly remain ensconced in my inventory waiting for a similarly over the top look in the future. I layered my lipstick again, with glorious result I think. Adore & Abhor makes fantastic brightly colored and thick lipstick which is a perfect base for Mock's more glossy, polished style on top. These are two of my favorite cosmetics companies, and I think you can see why at a glance. I really wanted a saturated, but glossy red, and I think I managed that beautifully.

Drum Beat

The dress is another freebie - I know, isn't it gorgeous? Allure gave away this gorgeous halter top dress which is short enough to make people blush, but cleverly with a filled in underskirt with black shadows so I didn't once have to worry about flashing my panties to the world. This manages to combine my desire for jaw-droppingly sexy and yet not explicit all at once, and made me extremely happy. Check out that sideboob, y'all!I also liked how thick the dress was, which means at no angle did I have to worry about the dreaded transparent inside ruining a shot; Allure is for keeps! The bag - also free - is from another new-to-me store called Svart, and is beautifully designed and textured. My one complaint is that it included a static post which totally didn't fit my shape (my arms are way too long) and I couldn't figure out how to remove it, so I can't see wearing this outside of static poses where I'm sure the animation will be over-ridden. That's a real shame, though, because the purse is gorgeous - and I don't normally like purses. It is a full-perm mesh purse, though, so it might be findable at some other stores with different texturing and animation.

My gorgeous ring is not a Hollywood purchase, but it does come from Little Boy Blue, which specializes in Diva Rings; it's a new release and very slick and simple, while still being gorgeous. Finally, one of the other things I splurged on were these amazing shoes from Redgrave. I bought the fatpack because I loved the style. The feet are included up to the ankle, though, and blending it was a real challenge. I found myself missing rigged mesh, which becomes a lot more seamless, but I don't think I did too badly in the end. I have to be careful with the angles on a close up shot, but otherwise I don't think you can tell the feet aren't part of my legs. I discovered I could turn off the seamed end of the ankles after this shoot too, so ...yeah. Opps. The shoe and heel are separately tintable, though, and so are the toes, so I anticipate these coming back through rotation a lot of times.

Style From Above

I am enormously happy with the Hollywood Event, and encourage all of you to go and check it out before it closes on April 14th.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Sunglasses: ZED, Mesh Sunglasses (Hollywood freebie)
Lipstick 1: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Red
Lipstick 2: Mock, Mizu Venetian Red
Hair: EMO-tions, Hollywood Gift (Hollywood freebie)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry 1: EMO-tions, Vari Jewelry (Hollywood purchase)
Jewelry 2: EMO-tions, Paparazzi III (Hollywood freebie)
Dress: Allure, Marilyn Mini Dress (Hollywood freebie)
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Bag: Svart, Jennifer Bag - Red Leather (Hollywood freebie)
Ring: Little Boy Blue, Addison ring - moonstone
Heels: Redgrave, Donna (Hollywood purchase)

Poses: Grafica (Pose Faire)

Location: Bladerunner City
Light Settings: Phototools - Jessica Light
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, and in one of my favorite colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. w00t! <3 I love that color, too, though I tend to not have favorites.

    ReplyDelete