Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SL DisneyBound – Week Five: Dory

Sidelined

I actually had a lot of fun with Dory, though the style is much more modern-casual than I usually wear. The color contrast was really strong - a vibrantly bright yellow and a rich, bright blue - and while the blue is relatively common in Second Life, the particular shade of eye-blinding yellow that Dory sports is much rarer, and I actually dialed it back to more of a gold because I ended up not being able to make it work well.This is a very different style than my usual, modern and casual with a bit of a club edge, and I've completely fallen in love with it. I especially like the effect of the bare back in between the corset laces - I think it is edgy without slipping out of what I find attractive. This overbust corset from Dilly Dolls is an old purchase but one that I pull out even today when I'm looking for a good corset with a lot of coverage. I thought the relative brightness of the blue on the corset actually went well with the slightly duller blood of her new boots release; too much bright color can appear cartoonish instead of couture, and this look is one of the ones which walks that line. I really adore the boots, though - in the line of the cloth-over-boot effect with an angled opening on the outside and large buttons which really set it apart from other, similarly styled boots. There's all kinds of texturing available, and like usual Dilly Dolls clothes come in sets of colors that are HUD driven, which means lots of bang for your buck. My hair is a very old release from Wasabi Pills, I think; my Wasabi Pills folder is alphabetical, so I always end up getting confused about when things come in and, eyes crossed, just sort of wear whatever I like most for a given look.

Succulent

The other store I'm wearing a lot of is De La Soul - both these jeans which were a much older release but still stand the test of time - and a preview of a new skin that I nagged Charlie into giving me so that I could wear the latest SLink hands with the modifiable nails. Despite an overload of pestering and begging, Charlie won't be releasing hand HUDs for Aestali, my old favorite, but he will be releasing them (and boob appliers, and all kinds of things). Except for the brows, Candace is a softer face than Aestali was (I'd love to hear what you think of the brows; I can pass on feedback to Charlie as he finishes Candace up) with some of the quirks of the Aestali face smoothed, but still recognizably De La Soul. He passed over the hand tinters (which will also tint her feet) after only a little pouting and now I can show off my amazing nails from Adam n Eve, complete with little flowers. I love how long they are; I could never keep nails this long offline, so it's a dream to have them both online and smoothly connecting with my hand. One nice thing about the SLink hands is you can make the nails go away, so if you have modifiable nails you can edit them to match perfectly; isn't it amazing? Finally, I found this amazing necklace and earrings set from a new-to-me store called Lazuri; I really love the texturing and shape, and it's a fantastic chunky large set which can be dressed up or down depending on your mood.

Swordfish Shoes

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Creamer (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Amelie (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Lazuri, Classic Glamour Midnight
Corset: Dilly Dolls, Dola Corset
Jeans: De La Soul, Cross Jeans - Sunny
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: Adam n Eve, Rhine & Rose
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Dina Plaid Boots (promotional item)

Pose: !bang

Location: Armenelos
Light Settings: Places Kunming
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment