Wednesday, May 29, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Eleven: Zazu

Ugly Tourist

In order to bring Zazu to life for Disneybound this time, I ended up seeking out the wild savannah of Noweeta, complete with wild animals to take tourist-style pictures with.The quintessential ugly American, posing by wildlife that would rather my absence than my presence - though I suppose the fact it is all virtual helps a bit, doesn't it? I ended up with a sunny, summery look this time, in marked contrast to my rather gloomy looks of the last few days. My hat is a very new release from Eclectica, complete with four color options for the hat and color changing flowers and gems - and hair. The hat can also be worn without the hair, but it is an adorable bob hairstyle I quite liked. I cut holes in the hat so my ears could fit, and they very kindly kept it on my head throughout all of the windy time on the savannah. I doubled up on my cosmetics to mimic the markings on Zazu's face, combining Virtual Insanity on the eyes and Mock on the lips to good effect. The Tucan jewelry was a recent release from LaGyo and when I saw it at the The Dressing Room - Fusion I simply couldn't resist adding it to my birdlike look.

Bird Legs

My amazing dress was an old purchase from one of the Collobor88s, a rigged mesh dress from Cynful. I really love the combination of the belt and the dress, and how they fit together. It fits a bit oddly around the bosom - I was either too big or two small - but that's barely noticeable, especially since I doubled up, layering the medium over the small to get a slightly thicker edge along my skin. Using a HUD, you can actually tint the belt black of white, or make it vanish altogether. I added in the recent group gift from Adore & Abhor, these monarch nails which don't match in style so much, but match perfectly in color. I really love the wing effect, and hope more colors are in the offing soon (hint hint ;) ). Finally, these amazing boots which make my legs look so much like Zazu's that I bounced in my seat laughing are a very old purchase from Aleida and have been mouldering in my inventory for who knows how long, but I am so very glad I opened them for this look. I think they add the perfect wrinkled and beakish effect to my feet, really adding a lot (though they do make me glad I don't actually have to wear them - look at those heels). The fit was near perfect - I just had to move them upward and over slightly for a perfect fit. I couldn't find an Aleida store but the creator of these boots, coincidentally named Aleida, does have a store called Elysium to explore.

Coy

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Creamer
Hair: Eclectica, 'Flora' Sunhat (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow 1: Virtual Insanity, Post - BLUE
Eyeshadow 2: Virtual Insanity, SPRING - Sodalite
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: Mock, Glasside Lip - Trinidad
Lipstick 2: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor Dandy Lion
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: LaGyo, Tucano Set
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails:  Adore & Abhor, Monarch Nails (Group Gift)
Dress: Cynful, First Date - SteelBlue
Stockings: Vextra Messing, Opaque Stockings
Boots: Aleida, Anais boots - orange

Poses: Glitterati


Location: Noweeta
Light Settings: Incongruent Truths
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment