Friday, May 17, 2013

Sunshine Girl

Ponds

It's almost summer, so it's time to break out the bright colors and find a pretty sim for some pictures. I started at Whiskey Monday's new landscape show at the Kelly Yap Art Gallery, which is lovely even if it does make me ache with envy - her landscapes are amazing and I want to take pictures with them. After yearning there, I followed the thread to her art gallery at Edloe, under the Listening Room, and the under is important, because after I spent a while spending time in her props pretending I was awesome, I found my way out and across a bridge to Catgirl's Harbour, which was absolutely gorgeous. I found bridges, cute little ponds, lovely living electronics, and a small nest of meeroos, all in a small section of sim with a beautiful coastline and in view of Edloe. I was already dressed to the nines, so an impromptu photoshoot was simply called for. I'm mostly wearing things I picked up at Collobor88, though I have mixed feelings about attending after learning that bloggers and users associated with the Liaison Collaboration were banned from the sim (some info here). It's always hard to know how to react when people do things you're not sure you agree too - but since at least one of the banned women specifically said she still blogs the event, and because so much of the details are unknown, I ended up deciding to swing by and see many of my favorite creators at work.

I'm So Hawt I'm Kewl

D!va has been my favorite store for loose, flyaway hair for a long while, and I love the flirty updo released, the back held up by color-changing hairclips. This is a prim hairstyle, which meant I was able to move a couple of bits of hair which cut through my ears - just admire that fit. The wisps and flares are just really fun, like I put up my hair in a rush and ran out the door to worship the sun. I added on these amazing sunglasses from Contraption which are just so fun, and which inspired me to use teal heels from Felicity to match the blue in these awesome glasses - like sunlight captured in ice. My lips are layered Mock lip gloss for a soft, bright, summery orange - best glosses on the grid, I swear. My jewelry is a color changing set from Maxi Gossamer, which is so becoming my jewelry of choice - give me options, people! The kind of cool thing about it is that while the names for each color type is a single color (in this case yellow), it's actually a spectrum of colors around yellow so that it looks like a funky, pulled together set instead of strings and strings of all the same beads. Really, it's a ton of fun - make rainbow next, please! My dress is from Schadenfreude, and I am SO GLAD she is making mesh. It's an adorable, strapless gown, like so many adorable strapless gowns, but the hem is simply divine - look at that lace - and the pattern is fantastic. Also, she has earned my eternal love by actually having the dress filled in across the bottom so that it looks like layers and layers of crinolines are holding the dress out. Amazing, simply amazing! My poses, by the way, are from Adorkable Poses and they are simply dreamy. Sadly, Adorkable is closing her store; luckily, she's putting things on sale so go, go, go! Finally, to return to my other touch of teal, these amazing heels from Felicity are part of her latest release and are really fun; the color was simply perfect for my look - like an icy drink on a hot summer day.

Meeeeeroos

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Sunglasses: Contraption, Meltdown - shine (Collabor88)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick 1: Mock, Glasside Lip Sorbo
Lipstick 2: Mock, Glasside Lip Trinidad
Hair: D!va, Sayaka3 (Collabor88)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Schadenfreude, Into the Woods (Collabor88)
Jewelry: Maxi Gossamer, Summertime Easy Living (Collabor88)
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Izzie's, Metallic Nails
Shoes: Felicity, Nadine Shoes (promotional item)

Poses: Adorkable Poses

Location: Catgirl's Harbour
Light Settings: Annan Adored Light Explosion II
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment