Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Fourteen: Vanellope Von Schweetz

A Step Above

I'm breaking one of my own rules, but it's for a good cause, so I hope you'll forgive me. First of all, the outfit for Vanellope Von Schweetz was really a struggle - not only was I not familiar with the source material, but the style was so clear and so not what I wear; I am not a casual dressed in Second Life. Granted, I'm not all ball gowns all the time, but my style definitely skews Gothic Lolita with frills and bits, so the hoodie in particular just caused me no end of trouble - but more on that in a bit. The rule break has to do with these amazing shoes. I seriously tend to try to sit on things until they're released so people can hopefully find them. This isn't the case for some limited edition things that I wear in the course of making an outfit, but if something is going to be for sale, I try to not photograph it until it is for sale.

And then I saw these shoes.

The whole outfit was done, with a different set of shoes even, when I got these from Violent Seduction. They will - I promise - be for sale soon. I love them. I love them like a loving thing who loves. I particularly love that the heel is recolorable in various kinds of stripes and solids, so you can match them to an outfit, and the star is also recolorable to a variety of metals. I am a huge fan of customizability, but more than that I adore the shape of them, the curve down to the star, and the fact I'm literally walking on stars. They are unrigged mesh, and I ended up making them just a little bigger and they fit perfectly.

So I'm sorry. They should be on sale soon. Please don't hate me!  

(I just checked, they're on sale. That whole rant was useless. Why do I not check things first? I'm leaving it because I think it's funny; enjoy.)

Like a Mouse to Elephants

The rest of my outfit is a study in compromises and inventory hunting. The hair was another late addition, from D!va and for sale at Collobor88, and I found it when I was trying to find a hoodie that I swore got made but I couldn't find except for some concept pictures, which took up the better part of an evening; I tell you, I bled for this look and it's nothing like her. I was sold when I saw the adorable red bow, though, and into my inventory (and onto my head) it went. I literally don't know where the candy came from - it's from Evie's Closet, but I have no memory of getting it even though I adore it and am now craving old fashioned lollipops. The hoodie was actually a prize from Forsaken for one of the Twisted Hunts, and there is nothing like it for sale in the store, and I think that is a crime - it is awesome, and I love the pattern, and why was it not modify-ok so I could tint it? Picture me pouting - this is a pouting faerie right here.What's moving me is an amazing new set of poses from Studio Sidhe for Genre, for the Art Deco theme, which I really adore. I'm all elegant and side-eyeing, sauntering all over Second Life's second birthday event.

The sole nod to Vanellope's teal hoodie is this shirt, stolen from a gorgeous dress from G Field which you have absolutely no hint of in the current outfit. She looks like a young to teenage girl, though, so it was very important to me - in addition to needing the teal - that I portrayed her fully dressed, even with otherwise somewhat scandalous accessories. Scandalous would be the miniskirt from Sn@tch, which is so outside of my comfort zone that I'm roughly in Poughkeepsie now, but the ruffly was perfect for the look and half a day in I was getting kind of desperate, and it's a really cute skirt, there's just much less of it than I'm used to. The stockings are another piece from a bigger set, from katat0nik, and were one of the few dual-legged stocking styles I could find; she actually has another dual legged style which is stripes on one side and hearts on the other, and I was desperately hoping for it in teal (when I saw it in pink on flickr) but no luck. See? Pouting faerie. I am not kidding when I say I went back at least a year through flickr looking for all kinds of things and finding none of it for sale - this was a nightmare.

Also very funny in hindsight.

Other funny things in this picture set? My wandering eyes because I couldn't use my facial animation HUD. I have not forgotten how annoying all that is, oh no I haven't.

Crystal Cave

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: D!va, "Lili" (Collobor88)
Candy: Magic Candy Stash
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Silver Wheel, Candy Slices
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Colorful
Hoodie: Forsaken, Delirium Smoked Hoodie (Twisted Hunt Gift)
Shirt: G Field, Classic Dress "Clea"
Skirt: Sn@tch, Ruffled Mini Skirt
Stockings: katat0nik, Lunar Dragon
Shoes: Violent Seduction, Tacky

Poses: Studio Sidhe

Location: SL10B: Turtle Stage
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Coral Reef
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment:

  1. I like your senseless rantings though sometimes! This one wasn't senseless either. *laughs* And you corrected yourself like any good blogger should and made a point to point out the "My bad".

    ReplyDelete