Monday, June 3, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 23 - Beet Vibe

Edge and Bridge

It was a real challenge to find the color combination for Beet Vibe, and in the end I didn't quite manage the reddish purple, though I adore the dress I'm wearing in general. I'm not quite sure what store it's from; the mesh was made by Maya Sharpshire of Vero Modero Designs, and a bunch of dresses by a different name but in the same style are at her store... so you can kind of find it? Maybe? One bit of warning - the texture doesn't go curled under the dress bottom, so it vanishes beneath, and I ended up making my own invisilayer to cover my belly, but the silhouette is so different from a lot of other dresses, and the texture is so sweet and lovely, that I had a ball bouncing around in it. It was purple and cyan, with hints of blue and sea green, and as such had a sort of Beet Vibe to it. My hair is from Wasabi Pills and has amazing curls and textures in it - I love the little wriggles in front of my ear, and the cowlick sticking off to one side. I took one of the pale shades and tinted it the sea green of the colors - it was amazingly easy, and so adorable. The same shade came more naturally from these fantastic wedges from G Field - she actually counts this particular shade of green among her regular shades. The cosmetics are pure magenta glory - eyes from White Widow that branch out from the side of my eyes, and matching lips from Mock - both of them the rich, reddish purple required to match up.The darker, duller purple I echoed in this fantastic jewelry from Eclectica.

I Find You Funny

The gems and the metal are both tintable to any shade, and while I stuck with a slightly less red shade, I think you'll agree it's gorgeous. It comes with a load of extras, too - in addition to two rings and a bracelet, there is a broach and hair ornaments. I'm not wearing all of them; the weight alone would knock me sideways. Finally, my nails are from Nine Inch Nails and they really are lovely - a french manicure style with delicate patterns etched into the enamel. Since SLink released her enhanced hands I have rarely worn anything else - only when gloves are involved - and I completely love them; the sheer variety by being able to add color to the tip of every finger blows me away - I just wish it was easier to photograph them. I'm becoming increasingly displeased with my photography and how skilled it is; I feel like I'm missing some elemental quality of emotion and meaning in these and I'm not sure how to fix it. I still love taking the pictures, and seeing the gorgeous sims across the grid, but I will probably start experimenting more with angle and color and light to see if it can fill my existential photographic void.

Castle in the Clouds

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Julia (promotional)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: White Widow, Space
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor Orchid
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Colorful pattern
Jewelry: Eclectica, Nouveau Leaves (promotional)
Dress: Vero Modero Fashion, Batik Bali Maxi Dress
Shoes: G Field, Wedge Pumps "Adele"

Pose: !bang


Location: Gehenna Vampire Clan
Light Settings: Places Kunming
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Great use of both colors, I love your wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so kind, thank you. My wings are fantastic, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete