Thursday, June 13, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 24 - Gleefully Fresh

She Walks in Beauty

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meets in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.

For Gleefully Fresh, I ended up being inspired by a recent release from Violent Seduction - these awesome sailor tops with matching bloomers - and some of the prizes from the Arcade Event. It's a much more skin-showing than my usual, and I ended up making some modifications to my shape to match it - largely in the hips department, as my base shape is an hourglass and not a pear - but I think it looks really fun and almost sassy. It moves well; the bow is rigged to the torso, so when you have a bending pose, it bends with you, which can look really cool... or really strange. Hee hee. It is finished along most of the edges, along the inside of the collar and the inside of the shorts, which makes taking pictures in it a snap. I echoed the yellow of Gleefully Fresh also in my shoes, tintable wedges from katat0nik which meant I could match both colors perfectly. The shoes, heel and bands, and bow are all tintable separately through a very ingenious HUD which also offers texture changes. I'm also wearing a locket from katat0nik's Arcade gatcha machine; I ended up getting every single common (abotu half of them at yard sales) and htis is a particularly cute teal one which brought in the second color in Gleefully Fresh rather nicely. 

Approaching the Antagonist

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress
Or softly lightens o'er her face,
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

My other main source of teal (besides my gorgeous wings from Fancy Fairy which I rarely take off) are items from two separate Gatchas at the Arcade Event, but both releases from Half-Deer. The Unicorn Ears and Horn (modifiable so you can match them to your own head) are much more popular than these really cute tails (which come separately and as a matched set - I thought the set was cute), so they're easier to find at the various yard sales across the grid, but I ended up really liking the tails a lot, and may end up outfitting an alt with them full time. I have a lot of alts, and they all have themes, and one of them is a unicorn - though at the moment she's a full blown, very old fashioned furry unicorn. Giving her a more human alternative could be really fun. Once I was decked out as a shy girl unicorn, I ended up finding this rather ghastly and Gothic sim with all kinds of bodies... and I was instantly inspired by the thought of a poor unicorn finding herself in a castle after a viscous massacre, trying desperately to find survivors and finding nothing. I am a sad, sad unicorn.

Surveying for Survivors

And on that cheek and o'er that brow 
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent, 
The smiles that win, the tints that glow, 
But tell of days in goodness spent,— 
A mind at peace with all below, 
A heart whose love is innocent.
                                        ~Lord Byron
 
( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Haley
Unicorn Bits: Half-Deer, Sweet Dreams Unicorn (Arcade Event)
Flowers: Sugar, Sunny Blossom Sprout
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeshadow 1: Mock, Gold (iced)
Eyeshadow 2: cheLLe, Mix and Match blue
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: katat0nik, Pocket Watch (Arcade Event)
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Adore & Abhor, Fluttershy (promotional)
Top: Violent Seduction, Yellow Sailor Top
Belly Ring: Earthstones, Chakra
Bottoms: Violent Seduction, Unripe Bloomers
Tail: Half-Deer, Blossom Tail (Arcade Event)
Shoes: katat0nik, Aya Wedge

Poses: Glitterati


Location: SiniStyle Design - Main Store
Light Settings: TOR, SUNSET Blue Inspiration (moded)
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment