Saturday, June 22, 2013

Under the Sea Expo: Day in the Sun

Me and My Board

The Under the Sea Expo continues, and I took this chance to show off an awesome wetsuit (all texture) and the cutest swimming kitty cat. The Wetsuit, from Totally Tintable Tops, is really well textured, from the curves of rubber over the hips, the contrasting colors across the suit, and the fun sole on the suit which shows textured feet. I particularly like how the torso is a duller, less glossy surface, while the hips and legs are really shiny - the mixing of texture is really fun, and keeps it from being too flat. I did wish there were appliers for my SLink hands and feet, so the shapes could be better under the rubber, and a collar edge would have been nice to finish off the suit, but overall I really like this, and it's definitely in my inventory to stay. The swimming kitty cat is an adorable gift from KittyCatS and really represents the breedable company well while also being of high value for non-breeders and people without land. It has a bubbler, so as it moves it breaths out, and it floats around me in a ring. I thought it was totally adorable, and now I'm seriously considering breaking out some more of my vast inventory of fish from Seven Seas fishing to show off to everyone. The poses are all from !bang, and so is the surfboard - it was an old freebie and it totally came in handy. I am not a beach bunny kind of girl, but the fact I could find these boards and enjoy the included poses was a reminder of why my inventory remains so vast; I never know what I will need in the future!

Ready to Surf

This is my first photoshoot with shadows, and I am already hooked. I can see why it would be difficult to walk around with these settings, but I am really struck by how awesome they made my pictures look. Remember, I never do any photoshopping, so these images are raw out of Second Life, and the effects are jaw-droppingly gorgeous, in my (not so) humble opinion. I'm really looking forward to playing further with them in a studio setting as well, where I can control the light sources explicitly and try out some of the effects I've seen other people try out. What I really liked was how I could have the shadows of objects and the shadows of my figure overlap, just like they do offline; it adds a verisimilitude which is difficult to deny. The two downsides I've discovered so far is that it significantly adds to my lag - not too surprising - and there was an odd effect with my mesh attachments when they became blocky and distorted. For the latter, a manually cleared cache cleaned the problem right up, but for the former my only choice is to turn the shadows off.

Partners in Crime

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Veronica
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Sunburn: Fallen Gods, Winter Flush
Lips: Izzie's, Dry Lips 3
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Wetsuit: Totally Tintable Tops, WetSuits (Under the Sea Expo)
Pet: KittyCatS, Summer Splash (Under the Sea Expo)

Poses: !bang

Location: Isle of Amras Roleplay

Light Settings: Places Las Legunas
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments: