Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Squee: The Austin 100

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Meme Monday: Surrealism Challenge

This is a more time sensitive squee than my normal ones, and involves free auditory shinies! Every year, NPR creates a list of 100 songs from the South by South West concert (SXSW) and then releases it for free for the month of March, calling it The Austen 100. It's a chance to sample an incredibly variety of bands and music in any form from the app experience (nothing to download - it just plays in your browser), or the uber fancy website with all kinds of reporting on the event, to simply downloading a folder containing all of the music and clicking at random. I'm really enjoying getting a sense of what's coming out in 2015, across many genres and in many voices, and I hope you enjoy it too!

( More Sunday Squee here. )

No comments:

Post a Comment