Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Genre: Regency on the Town

Parading Down the Avenue

My coat from .Winged. covers up most everything in a delightful manner - with long fluffy sleeves and layered collar. The poof of a hem isn't Regency, but I couldn't resist showing it off with a few more time-specific accouterments from Genre and this is perfect for all of the Lolitas who want something a little warmer in the winter. It's very well rigged in the trouble areas of shoulder and elbow, both of which can get a little plasticine if not well handled, and the cowl neck and hood are textured along the edge, which covers up any rigging issues there nicely. It's also - bless everything! - nicely lined inside and out. With a wide skirt like this that's particularly appreciated, as a lot of the interior will flash as one goes about one's business. It took me a while to layer under it - the lovely swoops of fabric make it clash with a lot of my wider skirts - but I ended up pulling out Circe from Faida and Fallen Gods which allows one to remove both the bodice and the corset, leaving one with only the hip-down skirt; I love this addition to functionality, though I'm sure when it was created the idea of layering it under a coat never occurred to its creators, and I hope more mesh makers will give us the option of wearing parts of their outfits to allow for more creative mixing and matching.

Ingenue Abroad


Turbans were all the rage during the Regency, often worn over curled and pinned hair. Here I'm wearing The Stringer Mausoleum's stylish wrap solo, allowing it's roses and pearls to shine, but I have to admit I wish I had just a few curls to place strategically around my face. One thing I definitely appreciate is the ability to tint different parts separately, so I was able to slightly tone down The Stringer Mausoleum's signature bright colors to more closely match my .Winged. coat. It's a subtle touch, but I think it does wonders for making my overall look more cohesive. I also found my turban gave me quite the air of the ingenue, making her tentative way across a snowy landscape in her new slippers from Avatar Bizarre. These are color changeable via a HUD, with the pink blossoms and bow remaining consistent; I used a teal shade here to echo the blue-green of my ensemble and let the pink stand on it's own. The shoes themselves are unrigged but fit neatly over SLink's medium foot, and are editable to allow for some placement with other kinds of mid-height feet (as well as enlarging and sleeping in, should the mood strike you!). Also, all of my movements have been dictated by the indomitable {Rook}, whose pose set included some books as well as the poses I photographed myself in. There's also a couples pose for all of the Janites out there to enjoy!


A Step Down

There's a lot more Genre in your future, even if it's echoing the past!

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Weather Effects: Izzies, Redness Tattoo & Dry Lips
Hair: The Stringer Mausoleum, Dreamstress Turban (Genre)
Eyes: .:Soul:., Roomee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Wings: Fallen Gods, A Fallen Clockwork Aid

Hands & Feet: SLink, Hands & High Feet
Nails: Hello Dave, Advent Nails - 5th of December (Group Gift)

Outfit: .Winged., Wool Coat (Genre)
Skirt: Fallen Gods, Circe
Shoes: Avatar Bizarre, Lady Rose Slippers (Genre)

Poses: {Rook} (Genre)


Location: New Mieville Tinyopolis

Windlight Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Precision Blue

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment